- Wear a pedometer
- Schedule walking meetings
- Pace when you’re on the phone
- Set reminders to walk
- Speak to a co-worker in person instead of sending an email.
- Be mindful of what you do after work. Don’t do more sitting (and watching TV). Plan for fun, moving activities.
- Find a buddy. Funny how we can let ourselves down but it’s harder to let someone else down. Plus, it’s more fun with someone else.
- Find a routine. Schedule it in your calendar. You are worth self-care!
- Music is key. Music helps me work a little harder and a little longer too. Find what you like. I also like listening to my audible books or podcast. Learn to understand YOU and your needs/wants/desires. No need to be like everyone else.
- Shake it up. Don’t do the same things. For example, sometimes I play beach volleyball. Other days, I swim, run, Zumba, hike, kayak, etc. You get the message. Make it fun and you won’t call it exercise.
- Where, What, When, How. Who. Know what to expect. Find the “where” that jives with you. I love the outdoors but if it’s dark and cold, I might opt for the gym in the winter. Figure out “what” you’re doing, “when” you’re doing it, and “how” long, and with “whom.”
Good luck!! Make it fun!! Let me know how it goes and you must absolutely plan the exact time otherwise something else will always take over. You are the most important and you can do this!
If you need help understanding nutrition and all the mixed messages out there, give us a call. We will address your stress level, diet, exercise, cravings, emotional eating and overall health and happiness. Start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone. Check out Yelp for other people’s opinion of Happy Food.
~ Samantha Hua, Nutrition Coach & Holistic Health Coach, San Diego, CA