Top Vegetables for Nutrition
July 1, 2018
Vegetables have huge benefits such as protecting your heart and brain, reducing risk of cancer and type 2 diabetes, preserve your bones, losing weight, gaining energy, yet most of us don’t eat enough (not even close). I thought it would be useful to list the top 5 vegetables for each benefit but please eat a variety.
- Fiber: Artichoke, peas, avocado, lima beans, jicama
- Beta-carotene: Sweet potato, pumpkin, carrots, mustard greens, spinach
- Vitamin C: Red bell pepper, broccoli, green bell pepper, green chili pepper, brussels sprouts
- Potassium: Sweet potatoe, lima beans, Swiss chard, spinach, portobello mushrooms
- Magnesium: Spinach, Swiss chard, lima beans, artichoke, peas
- Vitamin K: Mustard greens, spinach, kale, collard greens, turnip greens
- Folate: Frisee, asparagus, romaine lettuce, spinach, turnip greens
- Lutein: Spinach, Swiss chard, mustard greens, turnip greens, radicchio
If you need help understanding nutrition and all the mixed messages out there, give us a call. We will address your stress level, eating habits, exercise, cravings, emotional eating, and overall health and happiness. Start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone. Check out Yelp for other people’s opinion of Happy Food.
~ Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Holistic Health Coach, San Diego