Summer is so great with long days and plenty of time to get moving. Let’s have fun while we shed some pounds. Being cheerful is not only good for our mind but great for our waist-line too. Here are some ideas. Please post on my Facebook with YOUR ideas or share what you’re trying. www.Facebook.com/HappyFoodSD.
- Beach volleyball (my personal favorite!!)
- Bike ride alone or with the whole family (lots of calories burnt)
- Dance party: dance on the beach or at the park, at a wedding, or even while you’re grilling.
- Yoga. I was so tired the other day and did 30 minutes of YouTube yoga and felt energetic and stronger. Simple solutions.
- Hike. Nature resets me and dodges all kinds of mental illnesses.
- Tennis, badminton, ping pong…all the same idea, right?
- Push a stroller, play with your kids, play tag, run/stroll with the dog…those “smaller beings” can really push us.
- Add water: like kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, surfing, canoeing, outrigger, sailing, windsurfing, water skiing, etc.
- Team sports: basketball, soccer, football, ultimate Frisbee, hockey…how about underwater hockey? Too crazy?
- Climb a rock or a tree. Just keep climbing and moving up.
- Garden, mow the lawn, vacuum, mop…all calorie burners.
- Stroll after dinner peacefully alone, with the whole family, or romantically holding hands. It’s all great.
Be silly. Have fun! Don’t sweat the small stuff. Move that body in a way that feels great without judgement, calorie counting, and shame. The happier and more balanced you are, the happier you’ll be with your body.
If you need help understanding nutrition and all the mixed messages out there, give us a call. We will address your stress level, eating habits, exercise, cravings, emotional eating, and overall health and happiness. Start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone. Check out Yelp for other people’s opinion of Happy Food.
~ Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Holistic Health Coach, San Diego, CA