Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
2 cups cooked grain (brown rice, quinoa, millet)
2/3 cup crushed almonds or walnuts
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 celery stalks, finely chopped
4 bell peppers (green, red, or yellow)
1 tbsp oil
salt/pepper to taste
Optional: ground turkey, carrots, any other vegetables
1. Sauté onion and garlic with oil for 1 minute.
2. Add celery and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Mix with remaining ingredients, except peppers and crushed nuts.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Cut off tops of peppers and scoop out insides.
6. Fill each with stuffing and top with crushed nuts.
7. Place in casserole dish with 1/8 inch water, bake in oven for 30 minutes and serve. Or, I like to line my dish with chopped tomatoes for more flavor and nutrition.