Let's Hold Each Other to THIS New Years Resolution
January 1, 2017
Forget New Years Resolution. Let’s try something that has more of a ripple effect on our whole life. I’d like to challenge you (and myself) to a different resolution. Oddly, it’s one learned from my 2 year old. She’s always happy, good-natured, and healthy (rarely sick & never for long). What does she do right? Here’s a list I came up with as I observe her. Let me know if you’re up for this year’s challenge.
- Wake up singing & smiling. I really want this! She ALWAYS does it. I’m going to aim for at least 30 seconds of this. She easily goes for 30 minutes.
- Reflect on your day before bed. It’s no joke; she talks for 20-30 minutes.
- Stick to a routine for bed & meals. Try to eat and sleep at roughly the same time daily.
- Drink lots of water
- Get plenty of sleep. She sleeps 14 hours/day…if only we had the luxury.
- Jump at the opportunity to play
- Run around all day long
- Eat only whole ingredients
- Avoid processed food and processed sugars. Enjoy it in it’s natural forms. (fruit, dates, etc.)
- Enjoy music every chance you get. Dance when you hear music. Sing all day long. Play music.
- Ask for help. She’s too independent but she asks for help when she needs it.
- Socialize but balanced with alone time
- Include others
- Just get excited over everything!
She is a constant reminder of what’s good and natural; therefore healthy and happy. I hope we can all work on these things together. Happy New Year!
Changing old habits aren’t easy. If there are changes you’d like to make in your stress level, eating habits, exercise, and overall health and happiness, start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone. Check out Yelp for other people’s opinion of Happy Food.
~ Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Holistic Health Coach, San Diego, CA