Lack Sleep? Tips for Getting Better Sleep
Do you struggle with sleeping?
You’re not alone! You and 126 million Americans, 6 out of 10 of us spend $3.5 billion dollars to help us sleep. Wow!!
Let’s figure out why and how we can fix this because most of us agree that lack of sleep causes health problems and decreases work productivity.
- Sleep disorder is often caused by late night TV, computers, smart phones which disrupts our circadian rhythm and lowers our melatonin hormones (THE ingredient that helps us sleep).
- A poor diet and being over-weight drives our hormones crazy. I have a client who barely started eating just a little more fruit and less fast food, and now he sleeps like a baby. I can’t wait to see what happens when he really eats healthy. Get healthy cooking video ideas and become a chef in minutes at www.Healthy-Cooking-Videos.com
- Cigarettes and alcohol both lead to bad sleep. Alcohol may make you crash faster, but in the middle of the night, you’ll find it makes you toss and turn. Cigarettes affects circulation which prevents deep sleep.
- Late afternoon caffeine and energy drinks really messes up our hormones and disrupts sleep. Some research suggests caffeine stays in your system for 20 hours.
- Anxiety and Stress. As we approach our 20s, 30s, and 40s, we actually need 7 – 9 hours of sleep but really just over 8 hours is ideal. Unfortunately, this is the stage where we’re building our careers, have kids, and too much on our plate to get a good night sleep. Schedule your health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com to work on reducing stress and anxiety because this is a big one to tackle on your own.
- Sleeping on your right side and doing yoga has profound effects on better sleep. Join us for a night of yoga and live acoustic music plus address your diet too. Register at https://happyfoodhealth.com/events/live-music-yoga-nutrition-for-weight-loss