How to Make Your Food Delicious
Why do people think weight loss and eating healthy needs to be boring and full of sacrifices? Big mistake! Being healthy will only last if it’s delicious and full of pleasure. So, start making your food delicious and put an end to the torture method including dieting, restrictions, discipline, denial, calorie counting, and weigh-ins. Let’s start with adding spices to make our food more delicious followed by a free health consultation to make your habits stick and put an end to yo-yo diets.
Spice up your food with the following ideas. Also, when your food is flavorful, you’ll need less salt and sugar.
• Basil can be used with fish, lean meats, and in soups and sauces.
• Bay leaves work well with soups and stews.
• Caraway seeds give a nutty taste to breads, steamed cabbage, and noodles.
• Chives add bite to salads and vegetables.
• Chinese Five-Spice is a combination of ginger, cloves, star anise, Szechuan peppercorns, and cinnamon. This goes well with stews, stir-fry, and lean meats.
• Cinnamon is tasty on many fruits and sweetens your dish.
• Cumin has a musty, earthy flavor and is good in chili, stews, and the principal ingredient in curry. Also great added in beans to reduce gas.
• Curry powder gives lean meats an exotic taste (particularly lamb).
• Dill is great in sauces or tossed on vegetable.
• Garlic adds great flavor to any savory food and great for the immune system.
• Ginger is great for the digestion and can be used in sweets, stir fry, stews, and tea.
• Lemon juice enhances the flavor of salads, vegetables, and fish.
• Oregano is delicious in sauces, fresh salads, breads, and stews.
• Paprika gives a spicy kick to roasted meats and vegetables.
• Peppermint and other extracts lend extra flavor to fruit, pudding, and tea.
• Rosemary works well in hearty dishes like chicken, potatoes, and beans.
• Sage can be a savory addition to stews, biscuits, and lean pork.
• Thyme gives an earthy taste to sauces and soups.
• Tumeric is great on rice with a flavor and color similar to saffron with anti-cancer properties.
Get healthy the fun, sustainable way but please make sure this is the right match for you with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth or (619) 876-2655. We get to the source of the problem & make you a food expert who will love to cook quick, easy, healthy meals. Learn the truth about our food, nutrition, and food politics.
~Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Health Coach, San Diego