How to Get Extra Nutrients
October 15, 2017
It’s easier to be healthy than you think. You do NOT have to eat perfect. Start with baby steps. Start by implementing vegetables in everything you can imagine. Here are some tips:
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach to omelets
- Add greens to the bottom of your soup bowl
- Add green beans, squash, bell peppers to your whole grain pasta
- Add eggplants, spinach, chards, peas to your noodles
- Add arugula to your tacos instead of iceberg
- Add mustard greens, cucumber to your sandwiches
- Add mushrooms, peppers, greens to your whole grain pizza
- Add thin slices of carrots, zucchini, cucumber to your wraps
- Replace half your pasta with zucchini noodles
- Add apples, carrots, squash to your cakes/dessert
Vegetables have extra phytonutrients that reduces cancer, promotes anti-inflammation, and boosts immunity. For example, arugula has 8 times the amount of calcium as iceberg lettuce and more vitamin C than any greens. It’s my favorite vegetable and I add it to everything. Sweet potatoes have tons of Vitamin A. So pile on a nice variety of produce. You’ll have more energy, live longer, feel better, prevent diseases, and LOOK GREAT.
If you need help understanding nutrition and all the mixed messages out there, give us a call. We will address your stress level, eating habits, exercise, cravings, emotional eating, and overall health and happiness. Start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone. Check out Yelp for other people’s opinion of Happy Food.
~ Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Holistic Health Coach, San Diego, CA