Holistic Drugs for Mood and Depression
We all have bad days, but some of us seem to have way more bad days. We feel down, sad, unmotivated, and low energy. Do you or someone you love fall into that category? Have you been prescribed Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Luvox, Cymbalta, Paxil, or others? Some of these drugs have serious side effects making us gain weight which feeds our sadness with low self-confidence. Or they make us drowsy which keeps us inactive and even more depress.
I was depressed for most of my life, and I can now say I’m genuinely happy even when faced with huge obstacles. It took me decades to heal. Let’s give you a short cut that sustains.
There is a much easier answer. Studies have shown that food changes our brain chemistry. Unfortunately, your therapist will never talk about food. He/she will focus on solving your emotional problems but never ask about the toxins you ingest that will shut down your “happy hormones” like serotonin and dopamine. The body is an amazing self-healer if you just learn to help it a little bit.
Here are some ideas:
- Omega 3 fatty acids. Please don’t deplete all fat from your diet. It feeds the brain and makes us happy while preventing dementia.
- Fiber. A healthy gut is a healthy body and therefore a healthy brain. Good food allows all bio-chemistry to function normally in our brain.
- Vitamin D. Get 15 minutes of unprotected sunshine. It’s free!
- Vitamin B. B12 and folic acid calms our nerves.
- Breathe. Best way to breathe is to exercise. You are forced to take in more oxygen which helps the brain and makes us happier. Our stress and lack of movement depletes oxygen from our brain.
- Sign up for a free health consultation and learn tons of tools and tips that I’ve acquired over decades.
Don’t let drugs be your immediate solution. It can take you down a very dangerous, unhappy path. Learn a new way of being healthy and get to the source of your concerns.
Bring both nutrition and psychology together. Start with a free health consultation. Make sure it’s right for you.
(619) 876-2655 www.happyfoodhealth.com
~Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Health Coach
San Diego, CA