When we think about getting healthy, our first thought is diet and exercise. Yes, this is absolutely important to move the body and eat a well balanced diet. But…consider other parts of your life that need cleansing too such as your home, stress level, toxic relationships, etc. These all affect our health both directly and indirectly.
For this blog, let’s focus on getting rid of clutter. Having a cluttered home is a portrayal of our life. Lighten your load and release some stress. Here are some tips to get you started as we start fresh in 2018.
- Donation bag. Have a bag or box ready for donation. Keep adding to the pile and make donating things easier.
- One touch rule. Touch your mail once–recycle or place in a pending bin so you can take care of it weekly. Touch your clothes once too–straight in the hamper or hang them up.
- Constant declutter. Each time you pick up an item, decide if you’ll use it regularly or store it out of the way.
- Everything in it’s place. Give every item a home so that you don’t have clutter in every space. Plus, it prevents always having to search for things. Immediately put your keys, wallet, purse, phone in it’s proper place.
- Neatly sentimental. If something brings good memory and you don’t use it, then take a picture of it and save the memory without the clutter.
- In spurts. Declutter in short spurts. No need to do all or nothing. Take care of a small area each time.
I wish you a new year filled with good health, cleansed body and mind, and lots of joy and success.
If you need help understanding nutrition and all the mixed messages out there, give us a call. We will address your stress level, eating habits, exercise, cravings, emotional eating, and overall health and happiness. Start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone. Check out Yelp for other people’s opinion of Happy Food.
~ Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Holistic Health Coach, San Diego, CA