I love cooking and at times, it’s even therapy but I do not enjoy spending all day in the kitchen. It usually takes me 20 minutes. How do we eat healthy with ease then? Here are some suggestions:
- Cook in batches. Make double what you want and leave the rest in the freezer for the future. You can pull it out and add some fresh veggies to that dish especially if it’s just baked chicken or meatballs, etc. Sure, it’s always best to eat fresh food but I’d rather you eat healthy than complain about lack of time and head over to the nearest drive-thru.
- Stock up. I’m always well stocked on frozen chicken, frozen fish, and frozen veggies. In a pinch, I’m often guilty of throwing frozen chicken with seasonings straight into the toaster oven and voila….delicious dinner without any attention. (Of course, it’s better to cook things that are thawed but this is a nice alternative.)
- Rely on healthy convenience. Sometimes it’s nice to use some BPA-free canned beans, frozen veggies, and all whole ingredient pasta sauce, etc. A little convenience that is all whole is OK.
- Chop in advance. For those of us who are super busy between work and family, try chopping things all in advance when you do have spare time.
- Cheat a little. I love leftovers from restaurants. I add them to a big veggie stir fry or a salad (depending on the leftover). Or simply adding homemade leftovers to a new dish can be surprisingly easy and delicious.
Want to be healthy with ease and lose some weight too? Address the root cause of your weight and health concerns and start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone.
~Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Health Coach, San Diego, CA