Date(s) - 08/20/13
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Carmel Valley Library
Category(ies) No Categories
Better Body Image through Nutrition
Improved Self Esteem in Teens & Adults Results in Health, Success, and Happiness
Do you or a teen you know suffer from poor body image and self-esteem? The statistics below strongly prompts us to make changes before it’s too late. Adult stats are even more staggering since we have sustained these bad behaviors over time.
In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn how to feed your body with the right foods and how to start the necessary shift towards a healthy body image. Dieting can compromise healthy growth and cause nutrient deficiencies. Use a holistic approach and attain a healthy relationship with food. Get healthy in a way that is fun, delicious, and sustainable for life.
- 9 million teens in America below 15 years are obese, 3X more than in 1980
- 13 percent of girls age 15-17 acknowledge having an eating disorder 80% of 10-year-old girls have dieted. 90% of high school junior & senior girls diet regularly
- 75% of girls with low self-esteem engage in negative activities, such as disordered eating, cutting, bullying, smoking, or drinking
- Low self-esteem is associated with health-compromising behaviors in adolescence, such as substance use, early sexual activity, eating problems, and suicidal ideation.
- 44% of teens skip meals as a tactic to losing or controlling weight
Workshop is for teens and adults. Adult accompaniment recommended. Meet in the Community Room.
Please RSVP at Sam@HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655.
For more information: www.HappyFoodHealth.com