A Guide to Making Healthy Habits Stick
February 1, 2019
Happy Food will have opened our doors for 10 years this May! As I ponder why our clients are successful with weight loss, maintaining healthy habits, and improving their quality of life, these are just a few things we emphasize.
- Find resources from within. Every year there’s a new gimmick diet, supplement, product, etc. but we are the best experts. Besides diets not working, we are all different and need different things. We are sold the idea that we need something outside of us in order to be successful so we continue our endless search year after year. Eat the foods you like from mother nature and your body will work for you. As you eat real, unprocessed foods, your palate will change and you already come with amazing powers to change and heal. Search from within.
- Get to know yourself. Tap into the moments you treasure, the ways you like to move, etc. Stop fighting life by following what others deem is “right.” It may not be right for you. Do what feels easy. Keep things easy. Keep it fun.
- Keep it easy. Make small changes. Don’t ever try to be perfect or aim for lofty goals that seem unreachable. Start with a 10-minute walk, try a new vegetable, try a new recipe, try to eat mindfully, try to reduce your portions gradually, etc. Keep life simple, and habits will stick because it won’t feel like torture. Focus on pleasure not torture.
- Be a palm tree. I always tell my clients to sway with the wind like a palm tree and be adaptable (resilient) versus a strong oak tree that gets uprooted in a wind storm. Change according to life changes. For a while, I was dancing at home with a young baby when I couldn’t get away to do formal exercise. Adjust and adapt! That’s the secret to maintenance. If you can’t do what you’ve always done, then it’s time for change.
- Be confident about you. You are the ultimate expert who know how to do all of this right for your life. Have the confidence that you are amazing and resourceful.
I think that’s the difference at Happy Food. I want to help you find the strength within you to maintain great health forever. Come learn about nutrition and find the root cause of your struggles, but walk away empowered to always have the answers.
If you need help understanding nutrition and all the mixed messages out there, give us a call. We will address your stress level, eating habits, exercise, cravings, emotional eating, and overall health and happiness. Start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone. Check out Yelp for other people’s opinion of Happy Food.
~ Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Holistic Health Coach, San Diego, CA